Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Dark Ages

I think the time has come where the trip feels a little long. It's been nearly 2 weeks since leaving home and I think we (except Mom) are getting a bit cranky. No big deal, nothing we can't handle, just an observation. We left Honfluer reluctanly to drive back to Paris on Wendseday to return the rental cars and get on the soonest train to our next destination (Amboise) by 3:48 in the afternoon. The trains for the most part are fine except that it's so humid here right now. I've literally been sweating for the last week and a half. On top of that as you all know the Frenchys are stinky! I'm sick of getting the wiffs of B.O. everywhere we go. But its cooled off a tad here in Amboise which is a 2 hour train ride southwest of Paris. Ever seen Robin Hood or any movie with medevil times in it? That's Amboise.


Castle designed by Da Vinci himself

Geeks!

Da Vinci's last residence before his death in 1519
Full of huge castles and great winerys. Sitting in the heart of the Loire Valley the grapes have very strong tastes. I dont know what that means I read it in a book. Our townhouse is very charming. Three floors with kitchen and dining room so we took full advatage of it and cooked in last night Friday.

We had pasta with salad and lots of wine. It was delightful.
Today we are feeling a bit under the weather because stupid Shawn got us all sick. So we are struggling to get going. We all love your comments and miss you all. We also are avoiding talking about Phoenix for obvious reasons. I know I'm not as interesting as Jessica but too bad I'm bored. -B Mac

11 comments:

  1. Bret you never should have confessed to reading that line in a book!
    Gang, i just want you to know i'm with you in spirit! Everytime i read this blog, i do it with a glass of wine in my hand. ...yes it's 9:23 am... what's your point?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just spent 30 minuTes of my Saturday catching up! I can't belive I was mentioned in " the" blog! Beer in Europe sounds terrible! Hey no trip is perfect.
    You guys are having a perfect trip loose and fancy free! I'm so jealousr you guys took a pic at the arc by the champ de llyse wild.
    The final finish at the convention is heart warming. Derek livengood started crying when he commented on there experience after the final prayer. I'd normally would call him a Sally but I have to admit it's overwhelming emotionally to think of our brotherhood.. I need wine..,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well!!!!! I sure am glad to hear (Laura) that I'm not the only one who cries when reading these amazing blogs!! Well, I don't cry when Bret writes them.. Lol!! Sorry Bret:) I just want to be there with you all SOOOO bad!! Can't wait for the next bolg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, just caught up on most of the blogs. Glad to hear you're having the best time. You will probably never want to go to a normal portland convention again. Its cool people are so exciting everywhere else except here. ha ha. Keep sporting those Blazers. Let those Euros rise with us.
    Oh Cory and I have been going out to breakfeast lunch and dinner on the card. Its been great. Please stay longer. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just got your blog address and got caught up. i had to stop reading and dry my eyes! i am so glad you get to experience it all. thanks for sharing, i cant wait to hear all the stories and see Teri's millions of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey guys its cory sorry i never have anything good to say but i miss u all and am glad to see no one has killed eachother yet, cant wait to see u guys so i can give baby girl back so i dont have to watch these terriblr cartoons anymore! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  8. im sure the pics dont do justice, everything looks amazing. i know you guys arent talking about Phoelee for obvious reasons, but since i cant brag about going to Europe then i will say kanoa got to have 2playdates w/Phoee and i got to see her once!!! :) see you guys when you get back!
    ~Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bret....if you're so bored why haven't you written anymore (can you tell how hard it is to sympathize with your boredom)? You've got us all hooked since you're there and we're all here....would love to hear about London,too!! Miss you all and really am looking forward to seeing you all and hearing all the stories (and yes Teri, I'll look at all the pics)...you'll never all be the same again! We'll have to have a post-Parie party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, your darling daughter is jumping on my head. She's calling herself "Jumping Jacks Phoenix". The least you can do is continue writing this fabby blog from London too!!!!! Love, "Knocked Senseless"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey guys, Laura and I have been reading the blog (laura likes to read it over and over and over again). I just got all caught up and i cant believe how well written and entertaining this whole thing has been. Seriously, we all just want more. I love you guys and we both wish we couldve been there with you. Oh BILLY!

    ReplyDelete