Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Proper Pint

Au revoir Paris, Cheerio London! Maybe it’s a new place, maybe its home sickness- we already like London more than we thought. My dear friend Tomsey once said, “London is a lot like this place.” He was referring to our neck of the woods- and he was right. First of all, they speak ENGLISH- a much prettier form- but understandable. Second, it’s RAINING. Yes, I’m a little happy to see rain. Third, PUBS & BEER. And when I say beer, I mean a REAL beer. In France, they would give you little 25 cl glasses full of warm, gross beer. If you are unaware what size that is, IT’S SMALL. (By the way, yes we did have good wine in France, but it was so hot and sometimes, you just want a cold beer- am I right or am I right?)

Dave, this one’s for you..

Tonight we found a little pub on the corner, complete with Irish bartender- accent and all. The boys loved it. It was probably the first time we had a real meal this whole trip- and half the price. That’s actually not saying much because our money here is worth even less than in France. But this is what we mean: When in Normandy, on the coast, Shawn ordered fish and chips. You may or may not know that Shawn always gets fish and chips. He was looking forward to having some good fish and chips on the coast. Imagine the disappointment when his food arrived- two Gordon’s Fisherman fish sticks! He also ordered chicken skewers and got Dino Nuggets. Billy had a similar experience when he ordered sausage and got two Oscar Meyer wieners. Well, this time, we got the real thing. Surprising, but so far, London has been better for food than Paris- at least for us. Who would have thought it?
Yay beer!
Tea and crumpets anyone? Our flat is bigger than our houses! Thanks Aunt Joan!
View from our flat....

8 comments:

  1. Cheerio indeed! ...honey nut cheerios...mmmm...that sounds good!
    Ode to Tomsey.
    Oh Tomsey!
    People in London drink good beer
    and live in a flat
    people here drink good beer
    but they just get fat.
    Have fun on the tube!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm Beer. Happy to hear you got a little taste of the Irish while on that side of the world. Side note, please notice Shawn is wearing 2 DIFFERENT shirts in these photos! Get off his back people!
    In case this is the last entry, you all have a safe LONG flight home! I can't wait to see you. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I really like the ones in front of the house. Not sure why poor Shawn is getting such a hard time for "reppin", but Shawn, if you want you can borrow my Vick Raider jersey you can. Suprised no comment from Laura yet today, what gives? I told Jared she needs to start her own blog. Shes way too funny. Have a good trip home, and were glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. London sounds delightful. Just as I suspected. Beer and fried food? I dear say the perfect combination indeed. And the view from the flat? Uh, "Please sur, I want sum moor". It's everthing I ever hoped...and dreamed.
    Oh and thanks for the super long posting this time. I see what's goin on here, soo sorry to interrupt...proceed. ;)

    P.S I was just tryin to be funny sayin that about Shawn's shirt! Dave is the one that pushed it over the edge and made it a big deal! Geez, so sensitive! Go blazers!
    P.S.S I wrote my comment before I saw Miguels comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Lap it up while you can gang! Have a safe trip home. Much Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure if this is your last posting....its going to be sad not having this to wake up to, but at least it means we get to see you guys soon!! Have a safe rest of the trip- see you guys tomorrow night!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cant believe your about to come back.Are you guys going to fire me when you get back. Ive worked liked two days since you been gone. Made you no money. Oh well, its Corys fault.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I saw the real pints, I only thought of the one and only will ferrrel " I saw blue and he looked glorious!"

    get home safe we miss you all.

    ReplyDelete